Head laboratory technician (MLT) - Hematology
- 28 December 2023
Sonic Healthcare Benelux is a clinical laboratory belonging to one of the largest laboratory groups in Belgium, with laboratories in Ardooie, Antwerp and Genk.
In Antwerp, we process about 6,000 samples of human and veterinary origin every day. Together with some 350 colleagues, we work to deliver reliable and high-quality results for humans and animals. "We take it personally" is therefore our lab group's slogan.
Do you have a passion for science and people? Apply and become part of our dynamic and diverse team.
As head laboratory technician in the haematology department, you are responsible for haematological analyses performed on human and animal samples. You will supervise the other lab technicians, but will also participate in the routine if necessary. The following subdisciplines will be covered: haematological counts and formulations, coagulation, immunohaematology and flow cytometry. The different work posts are run through a rotation system.
The following tasks belong specifically to the head MLT:
- You prepare the planning for the department
- You manage the MLTs of the department
- You are the link between the staff, the clinical biologists and the HR department.
- You evaluate and coach the staff in consultation with the department head.
- You draw up a training plan and put in place the employees' authorisation statements.
- You are responsible for supervising and training trainees.
- You are involved in the selection of new MLTs.
- You are responsible for the maintenance and continuous improvement of a quality system.
- You are involved in implementation and validation of new analyzers and test methods.
- You draw up a training plan and bring employees' declarations of competence up to date.
- You closely monitor both internal and external quality control.
- You co-monitor the department's procedures and other documentation within the quality system
- You ensure the availability, proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- You solve routine problems and creatively seek solutions, alternative working methods, etc.
- You perform internal audits upon request.
- You coordinate various projects in the department together with the clinical biologists.
- You report to the Clinical Biologist of the department & together with the Clinical Biologist are responsible for the smooth running of the department.
- You have a professional bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT)
- Experience and interest in haematology are a plus
- You possess good leadership skills.
- You work conscientiously, analytically, solution-oriented and organised with due attention to safety regulations.
- You can work both independently and in a team.
- You communicate fluently with your colleagues and department heads
- You can process measurement results analytically and recognise and report anomalous results
- Familiarity with a BELAC-accredited work environment is an asset
- You are familiar with MS Office packages (Word and Excel)
- You speak good Dutch
We offer you a challenging job as a member of a young, dynamic team in one of the largest medical laboratories in Belgium. Collegiality is key for us. We provide extensive training and encourage personal growth.
- You will have a full-time contract of 38h/week with the possibility of working part-time (30h/week).
- You will work during the day, but are also willing to work late shifts and Saturdays from time to time. Sunday and night work is not applicable.
- You will receive attractive pay and additional bonuses for evening shifts.
- We provide numerous additional benefits such as meal vouchers, free coffee, fruit and soup.
- We offer commuting reimbursement (bicycle allowance, full public transport reimbursement).
- The lab is easily accessible by public transport (train station and tram/bus stop nearby).
A.M.L., Emiel Vloorsstraat 9, 2020 Antwerp
We would like to receive your CV with motivation by e-mail, addressed to: email@example.com.
Emiel Vloorsstraat 9